- 6 ounces roasted red pepper pesto
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, grilled
- 6 Bolla rolls or small rustic rolls, sliced into halves
- 2 four-ounce pieces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced and drained
- 1 cup fresh small arugula leaves, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of good quality sea salt, to taste
- Spread 1 ounce of pesto on bottom halves of rolls.
- Divide remaining ingredients evenly beginning with the chicken, then mozzarella and top with arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Gently place top half of the roll and wrap in paper. Stand upright to serve.
Optional: grill until heated throughout.
Makes six hearty sandwiches.