Back to Articles
Easy Ways Towards a Greener Planet
- Turn off and unplug any electronics you are not using. This will not only save you money on your electricity bill but will reduce the amount of energy that is spent in your community.
- Take a 30 minute walk around your work or school and pick up any trash you see along the way. Not only will you burn some extra calories but you will help the environment.
- Make an effort to recycle what you can, compost what you can and reduce waste in general. Set goals to see how much you are able to reduce your trash each week.
- Use organic fertilizers in your garden and all-natural cleaners in your home. Reduce the amount of chemicals put into the air and into the Earth.
- Plan a tree-planting party. Gather your neighborhood friends, your children’s classmates or coworkers and plant trees to help reverse your personal carbon footprint.
- When you go camping, be sure to clean up your campsite completely. Even if the mess was there when you arrived, do the right thing and help the environment.
- Support organic farming. Organic farms do not put chemicals into the soil to grow their crops so the planet stays cleaner for us all.