Warm Potato & Cheese Pierogi Salad
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 package Monterey Gourmet Foods® Potato & Cheese Pierogi
- 1 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/3 cup Dried Figs, Diced
- 1/4 cup Toasted Almonds, Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arugula
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and let them sweat until they begin to caramelize, about 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potato & cheese pierogi to package instructions.
- When pierogi are finished, transfer to a mixing bowl, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sherry vinegar. Mix until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix. Add caramelized onions, dried figs, toasted almonds and arugula. Lightly fold all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings