Spinach & Cheese Ravioli Frittata
- 1 pkg. Monterey Gourmet Foods® Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cups Onion, Sliced Thin
- 1 cup Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Thyme, Fresh
- 1 tbsp. Parsley, Fresh, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 dozen Eggs, Beaten
- Cook ravioli to package instructions, strain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil setting or 475°F.
- In a heavy bottom sauté or cast iron pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and sauté until they begin to sweat. Keep cooking until they begin to color.
- When onions are caramelized, add tomatoes, olives and herbs and let cook two more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place this mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- In the small sauté/cast iron pan, place half of the ravioli in one layer, top with half of the onion/tomato mixture and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat this process with the remaining ravioli and onion/tomato mixture, reserving the cheese for the end.
- When ingredients are layered, pour beaten eggs in, Let settle for a few seconds. Eggs should just cover the ingredients.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of eggs evenly.
- Turn flame on to medium heat. Begin to cook frittata mixture until it sets on the bottom and begins to set up on top.
- Place pan into oven and broil for 3–4 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy.
- Let rest 4–5 minutes, then cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings
Back to recipes